Hamutaro Vales Profound Thoughts: Week Seven of Portfolio Project

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Week Seven of Portfolio Project

 03/19/22

Updates!!!:

This is the first posting during spring break!!! That means the due date is slowly creeping up 🙊. Kinda nervous maybe a bit excited to share my creation/ my child (aka my project).

Day 3 of Editing: Going a little slow because of too many buttons on the software= Valentina is confused as hell...but we're getting there.

Today I decided to look over my video another time and crop some imperfections. I had to crop out a part of one of the scenes because the lighting did not match the one that had come after. I was wondering why the lighting could have changed so drastically like that, but my theory is that it was because the camera had taken a while to adjust to the lighting, and the shot after the camera already had time to adjust to the lighting. I was thinking about refilling it but that is a BIG no most importantly because there is no time and two the setting of the kitchen would look totally different and the actress would not look the same as well. When I had cropped the scene it has looked like she teleported a little bit but it's the best it's going to get, I much rather have her teleport (but not like completely) than have lighting issues. Believe it or not, that's all I did today I know I know but it actually looks a while for me to one learn how to correctly crops and two decide which moment was best to crop without it looking choppy and whatnot. 

Reflection on Today's Editing: Overthinking FOR SURE 

Well for today I learned that waiting for the camera to adjust before ending the scene is CRUCIAL in terms of lighting. I couldn't have cropped it when it adjusted to the lighting because both actors had already stopped talking by then. One thing I really want to fix that I don't know how is to make the film look flowy, maybe it is just me that is overthinking everything but I don't know I need there to be flow. I will rewatch some opening films in movies and past projects to see if my flow matches theirs. But it is a big chance that I'm just overthinking. Well, that's all for today folks talk to you later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Nine of Portfolio Project

 Heres my CCR!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CF94WmAzzOqewowYctoaX7N0MuDDIJAe/view?usp=sharing