Hamutaro Vales Profound Thoughts: Week Two of Portfolio Project

Monday, February 14, 2022

Week Two of Portfolio Project

02/14/22

Updates!!

Today I talked to Mrs. Stoklosa about the questions I had about the music and the copyright rules. Since I am using music that was composed by artists a long time ago, I wasn't sure about its copyright rules. My friend Carolyn, who will be starring in my film opening, mentioned that if the music was composed 100 years ago, it would not be a problem. So I talked to Mrs. Stoklosa today about that and she said if the piece is owned by someone I do need to ask for permission and if it's not then it's okay to use it. 

Genre Research 

I am currently doing some research on the genre drama since my film will be a drama film. On the website that will be linked below, I am reading about two drama films that focus on mental illness. My film will focus on the negative aspects of doing what you love the most, which will be body dysmorphia in my project. When reading about what drama really is, I really think this film falls into this category. The genre drama focuses really on specific life situations, the films really describe human beings being at their worst or best state. I read this in the second article "Dramas are serious, full of conflict, and continually push the boundaries of the plot by raising the stakes"  this helped me more with the plot because the drama genre obviously has to have a specific conflict that would affect the character. From the research I have done my goal in the film is to show real-life scenarios people go through that drive them to not be mentally healthy and those are the factors that build up the drama genre. I also looked into drama movies and shows and there a various shows and movies that deal with mental health. Films like Euphoria really do emphasize the drama aspects as it deals with drug abuse, alcohol abuse, emotional abuse, etc. Watching drama films and movies will be part of my research because watching specific films will help me be more inspired and give me ideas. Right now my genre research is not specific because I am having second thoughts on my ideas.

Reflection after the research

I am thinking about my ideas and honestly, it seems a little complicated, and I will have to change a few things. Maybe when I watch some drama films it will give me more ideas and possibly lead me into changing my mind on the whole film. I want my film to look artsier and have more color so I'll look into more ideas. 

Links to the website:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Nine of Portfolio Project

 Heres my CCR!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CF94WmAzzOqewowYctoaX7N0MuDDIJAe/view?usp=sharing