Hamutaro Vales Profound Thoughts: Week Five of Portfolio Project

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Week Five of Portfolio Project

 03/13/22

Updates:

Big updates lots has changed...

Changes:

Today I had decided to refilm my project. Why you may ask, well my first time around it wasn't my vision, it just did not click with me and I know I could've done better WAYY better. So I got to thinking is it the story or the characters, is it the setting, all these questions. But I realized it's not the story, I didn't reach my full potential creativity. SO...I REFLIMED IT, either way, it was always part of the schedule kinda like a test run. A few things changed that I knew just weren't going to match the vibe of an opening film. Let me divide it up and explain.

Why I made changes:

Well to begin with I was not comfortable with my film it just didn't feel like I reached my full potential filming this and I know I could do better. I also didn't feel proud or confident about sharing it, so the only solution was to refilm it. 


Dialogue:

Most importantly the dialogue gave away too much. It just wasn't natural it didn't fill in the element of a coming-of-age film. The confrontation Carolina had with her mother didn't feel natural like a mother and daughter confrontation and just gave away too much for just the opening scene. So I was thinking, an opening scene is supposed to grab the viewer's attention and not even give INTO the story too much because it's just the opening part. So, I erased the dialogue but there is still dialogue ill include it in the next post because I want to dedicate a whole post to it. But I will obviously still speak on it. A coming of age film focuses on the main character most time its inner thoughts, the character talking to themselves. It really is like a cheery on the top for me. So I decided to do a voiceover of Carolina speaking about her thoughts, But, I still wanted to show things a teenager would do to express their thoughts freely, and then I thought about a JOURNAL. It was perfect some shots of the Carolina wiring on a journal while reading it out loud by adding a voiceover is really good I loved the idea. The only person who would be speaking in the intro would be Carolina and maybe one line of her friend Taylor. With that not, too much of the film is exposed as to why her mother doesn't like her friend. 

Setting:

The setting has not changed and it has remained the same.


Wardrobe/ Characters outfit:

Has changed because I wanted my character to symbolize today's style and kind of have a preppy innocent vibe to it. 

Shots:

I'll include the new and improved storyboard right now. 




















TADAAAA!! I'm so much more comfortable and confident with this layout hope you will enjoy new and improved shots. Some are still the same for sure it's all the same storyline just some parts are being told differently. 


Most Important change and WHY:

Well, the most important one is that the mother will not be introduced in the opening. This is because why should I be introducing new characters at just the beginning, if I include TOO much information then what would I have left to show and tell in the rest of the film. The idea of the opening is to GRAB the audience's attention and not bore them with TOO much dialogue. Sure a voiceover is still a lot of dialogue but it's channeling only one character's inner thoughts and not the others. What Carolina is writing down in her journal is just enough information, it leaves the audience with questions but not ones that they have to think about too much just simple thoughts they are curious to find out so it drags them into the movie more deeply.  Well as you can see this was a hectic post, but don't worry it'll turn it amazing!!! Talk to you later!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Nine of Portfolio Project

 Heres my CCR!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CF94WmAzzOqewowYctoaX7N0MuDDIJAe/view?usp=sharing