Hamutaro Vales Profound Thoughts: Week Five of Portfolio Project

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Week Five of Portfolio Project

 03/12/22

Updates:

Yesterday I began and finished filming my project. There are PLENTY of changes to the film that I had to change while I was filming. The filming process was stressful because there were many trial and error moments. But at the end of the day, I still accomplished my goal.

Changes:

Some simple changes I made had to do with part of the dialogue. The mother will not be shown in the reopening part of the film but her voice/lines will be heard in the film. For next week's blogs, I will go more in-depth about the multiple scenes and shots that were changed. 

Little Sneak Peek of the Shots: 

This is one of the long shots of the characters cooking (her main hobby). I really am proud of some shots that I filmed. The lighting is nice but could be better when I edit in a filter. My goal for the mise-en-scene is to make the kitchen look like a home and not a set. What I mean as a home is to make it look like someone is living there rather than making it look clean and organized like a set would look sometimes. If this shot is a still shot rather than a tracking shot then I would have to crop this. 
The second scene I will be showing FOR NOW is this one which is one of my FAVORITES it just comes so naturally and casual I love it. I am just writing this little note that I have to fix. My teacher told me that there is too much headspace so I have to crop the top a little and make sure to look at other shots to see if there are a few mistakes in which too much headspace is included. This shot took a couple tries because I needed it to look perfect and what I mean as in perfect is to make it look natural. She opens the fridge and picks out ingredients for an omelette that she is cooking. I made sure to set up the camera at an eye-level but a little bit lower because I wanted to show in the shot her eyes to make it obvious that she is looking for something in the scene. 
This scene has my favorite lighting its so beautiful, I was REALLY nervous with the fact that it was getting dark quickly and the lighting would have to change. But I decided to make this shot outside to make use of the lighting while I had it. Again TOO MUCH headroom oops! So I would have to crop this shot like the other one. This shot is a POV of the confrontation Carolina is facing with her mom. Since I couldn't have the mother figure be shown on the film due to timing issues, the mom's voice/lines are featured in it but her physical self isn't shown.

Reflection:

While I am editing all the other shots I have to check for the amount of headroom each shot has. So far the three that I have shown have had too much headroom. I'll begin the editing process this upcoming week and edit all throughout spring break. All is going good and well, talk to you later!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Nine of Portfolio Project

 Heres my CCR!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CF94WmAzzOqewowYctoaX7N0MuDDIJAe/view?usp=sharing