Hamutaro Vales Profound Thoughts: Week Seven of Portfolio Project

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Week Seven of Portfolio Project

 03/26/22

Updates: 

I will be starting my CCR soon.

Day 2 of editing 2:

GOOD NEWS I finished up draft 2 today and let's just say this one is the one! This draft just had way more flow to it and just made sense. 

Editing audio:

This part of the project was a bit difficult and time-consuming since I do have 3 layers of audio. It was difficult to figure out how to add the third layer but then I accidentally clicked a button and then boom I had the third layer. Funny how that happened because I was not about to add the synchronous sound, and just have the voiceover and music, which would have probably caused me to lose points. For some of the sounds, I just unlinked the audio and then lowered the volume so it wouldn't be louder than the voiceover and the music. I only included specific sounds like the egg cracking and frying, the fridge opening, the fridge closing, and some dialogue that I had to say but it's low so the audience does not lose track of what Carolina is saying in the voiceover. Some extra sounds that I searched up were nature sounds to include in the nature shots I had filmed for the credits.

This is what the final layers look like after adding all the audios in the first audio layer muted because that's the original audio of the shots. The second layer is the voiceover of Carolina talking and the third one is the layer with the soft Spanish guitar music that I had found on a website that had a bunch of copyright-free music. The fourth and FINAL ones are the small synchronous and asynchronous sounds. If you think it's too many layers I think is about right because I wanted to include many details and including those small ones are the most important ones. 

Editing fonts:

When it came to editing the fonts the only thing that seemed hard was how to get the fonts that I downloaded transferred to premiere. So I did some research and found out that premiere has its own font lists so I chose one that looked just like the one I chose in the first place. The color of the font is yellow and it matches the color palette of the shots.
This is how the credits look in the shots I obviously made the credits small yet visible because I didn't want it to distract the audience from what the voiceover is saying. 
    For the title, I did make it bigger and I put it close to the bottom yet centered but drag attention to it because the title resembles what Carolina is cooking throughout the opening portion of the film.




Color Balance:

The color balance was very easy yet time-consuming, I didn't know how to apply the color font to all the shots all at once so I had to do it one by one. But I just used the color balance effect on the effect controls bar and just customized the color setting to my liking. The thought process for the filter of the film has to do with the mood I'm want to set, for the film I want to set a happy and lively mood. Warm colors represent excitement, warmth, and overall creativity or just make it look pretty and artsy. I had added a lot of red tones because red represents passion and excitement which is what Carolina is feeling at that moment. There are also some yellow tints that bring out the satisfying part in the cooking portion with the eggs. The green in the outside shots also brings out just a wholesome feeling to the film. Overall the thought process of the color balance is not just what looks good but what brings the film together and makes the audience feel what the character is feeling. 

This is the before and after of the color balance, as you can see it makes the quality look better and it sets the right mood for the film.





Intro to the opening film:

I designed my intro on canvas using one of their pre-made videos, it was very simple and quick!.


This was the intro I WAS going to use but as soon as I put it on my timeline it looked more like a youtube into rather than a cinematic one. 









This is the second one I made and it was better than the first one. It had more of a cinematic feel to it with the logo about the text (which moves).









What's left:

Now that I'm done editing the project all that's left is to prepare for the CCR. Talk to you later!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Nine of Portfolio Project

 Heres my CCR!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CF94WmAzzOqewowYctoaX7N0MuDDIJAe/view?usp=sharing