Hamutaro Vales Profound Thoughts: Week Eight of Portfolio Project

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Week Eight of Portfolio Project

 03/30/22

Updates:

In yesterday's post, I answered the 5 questions we have to include in our CCR. Today I will be writing the script for the video and including pictures etc. 

CCR Script:

I will just be writing the script directly on here.

The intro to the video starts:......
-Hello, my name is Valentina Bernal and this is my creative critical reflection. My film is called scrambled and it's a coming-of-age film, that is about Carolina Perez a girl who has just moved from Houston who is also a first generation daughter that was born in America but her family in Colombian, Texas and met someone. That someone is Taylor Walsh who is not liked by Carolinas mother. Throughout the film, Carolina faces many challenges with herself and her mother. Carolina fits the stereotypical characters in a coming-of-age film by going through personal growth that comes with changes that her mother doesn't approve of. (refer to blog posts)
Start of question one: 
-Genre conventions are plot features that are common in a genre, such as character stereotypes, significant events, and settings. Basically, it is what a viewer would expect when they would watch a specific film genre. If you were to go watch horror films they typically always have more suspenseful moments rather than funny ones unless it's a parody but we don't talk about those......Factors someone should expect when watching a coming of age film should be personal growth, learning valuable lessons, and obviously a teenager growing up. My film focuses on personal growth and change. Also, I included a protagonist who is her mother because a coming of age film is no good without that one protagonist, having one makes the audience feel more connected because it allows them to view the situation from two perspectives. As I mentioned earlier with Carolinas family being Colombian or Hispanic in general some of her views arent really her family's views.  She mentions in the opening film how she is nervous about her mom meeting her friend because her mom wouldn't agree with what's going on. The representation behind this is the struggles some people go through with their sexuality and acceptance of it because of their family's views some could be because of religion or others are just because of personal preference. I included or hinted at her heritage by including a magnet on her fridge of her country's flag and a bracelet with the country's colors as well. 
Question two:
- The target audience for my film ranges from ages 12 to 18 both females and males. My target audience really consumes A LOT of media by using Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and Youtube. With youtube being one of the most popular streaming platforms with (include image) about 85 percent (https://blog.hootsuite.com/youtube-stats-marketers/) I will upload my film on that platform. I also will use this program shortcuts to upload my film, shortcuts are for high school students who want to share their short films.
Question three:
- My process from the beginning to the end I have learned a lot about editing and all I can say is I now know how to work a phone camera. I definitely had to adapt to the editing software that I used which was premiere, when I started editing I My research and planning skills really evolved, I would just get cool ideas for shots or editing techniques and id write them down, and when it came to editing those techniques that Id think of id do some research on how to achieve the effect. knew nothing all I knew was that there were SOO many buttons I could press, but I stopped myself. After doing countless research and watching youtube videos I figured out how to edit. I'm glad I did the music video project, a few months back and the sound project as well because those projects helped me figure out how to come up with cool shots and how to film, and also the sound project helped me learn how I can film my own sound effect and search up different ones too. 
Question four:
-Throughout the project, the devices I used were my phone to film the project duh and my laptop to edit it...duh. I did not only use my phone to film but I used it to communicate with my friend to help me film or send my voice memos of her talking for the voiceovers. I also used websites like Canva to design my intro, premiere to edit my film, websites that have specific sound effects I was looking for, websites that gave me a template to write a script and blogger posts which helped me share my thoughts and journey. When it came to problems most of them was when I wasn't sure how to edit either the shots or audio, so id use technology by researching and watching youtube videos on how to achieve certain techniques. 
Ending:
-This project has had a lot of good and oopsie moments but overall it was a fun journey from learning about the film world to being part of it for a few weeks. I have learned how to properly film and edit the opening of a film and also learned the psychology behind making a film as well. If I had the chance to do something different is to do the planning portion accurately. For next time I could improve by really working on my storyboard because they need a little improvement I'm not the best artist out there. Well, I hoped you enjoyed the film and enjoyed this creative critical reflection, til next time bye-yeeee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Nine of Portfolio Project

 Heres my CCR!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CF94WmAzzOqewowYctoaX7N0MuDDIJAe/view?usp=sharing