Hamutaro Vales Profound Thoughts: Week Two of Portfolio Project

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Week Two of Portfolio Project

 02/19/22

Updates!!

I am now going to watch more inspirational films but so far the new idea is going great and I'm more comfortable with it than the one before. 

Technical Elements:

When it comes to technical elements you have to think about the film type as in genre, shots camera and angle techniques, the lightning, and color in the film, the way the scenes are laid out and found editing. The shots are the building elements of a film and it's important that the viewer understands the meaning of the scene and specific shots would help them understand. The angles serve almost the same purpose as the shots but it includes building interactions and relationships between the characters. There are specific lighting techniques that help build a specific mood in certain parts of the film. Color has a deeper meaning it resonates with mood and sometimes certain periods in a movie. Those are the important elements I am looking to include in my film. Color for me is the most important thing I am thinking of at the moment. I would love to have beautiful colors in my film and with that, I am using inspiration from Wes Anderson. 

Example/ Reflection:



Wes Anderson is my inspiration with the color element. In his films, we use color so well and perfectly, I enjoy most of his films because the color he adds onto it and the filters are just so beautiful. I will do my mise-en-scene in a very bright yet colorful kitchen and if its not too much add a filter on top of it just to make the film look very colorful and welcoming. 





Planning:

I have to do some more research this week on the effects of color in films and what attracts the eye and what goes with the overall mood, but since we already went through this in class I'll just review my notes. This upcoming week I have to prepare my storyboard and maybe go through my new idea with Mrs. Stoklosa and see what she thinks. I also have to look at what good techniques I can take in to film a good intro that has to do with cooking food. Talk to you later!!



Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Nine of Portfolio Project

 Heres my CCR!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CF94WmAzzOqewowYctoaX7N0MuDDIJAe/view?usp=sharing