Hamutaro Vales Profound Thoughts: Week One Blog on Portfolio Project

Friday, February 11, 2022

Week One Blog on Portfolio Project

First Thoughts

 This week my teacher introduced the portfolio project for my Aice Media class. At first, I honestly felt a bit overwhelmed and nervous because I had such an important project due at a certain point. I had thought about finding a partner for this project but then realized it's best to work on this by myself to see how far I've come in this course and really take in the knowledge I learned throughout the year. 

 Inspiration

During the week, I have been thinking about my film opening. I thought about movies, genres, and the overall mood I'm looking for. The first movie i for some reason thought of is black swan it brings such a powerful message to me that some might not seem to get. The black swan is a movie about a ballet company practicing and having auditions for an opening role that is the swan queen which is basically the main character of the play or the most important character. In the movie, the main character Nina has gone psychotic or a bit crazy because she overworked her mind and body for getting the swan queen role perfect and went through challenges with her mother and dance mates. For my film opening, I'm striving to have a similar approach but with less thriller in it. My movie will be more focused on what you love that can hurt you the most. Nina the main character loved ballet so much and worked so hard for the spot till she killed herself because she had gone crazy. 

Plans 

For my plans, the film has inspired me to create a deep and true film about how not just dancers but athletes have their mental and physical health go down because they want everything to be perfect and how they sometimes put too much work into something. I have not yet figured out the name of the film but I'm thinking of a name that has to do with loving too hard that you can die something in between those lines. For my plans, I have thought about music and dance. Since I am being inspired by the cons of being in the ballet world I have a friend who dances ballet and she had mentioned to me how dancing the ballet causes body dysmorphia for most dancers as their presence and posture are very important when it comes to looks and techniques. So my plan is to create a film dedicating it to ballet dancers and how much they struggle but yet do it because they loved it so much. 

How I plan on making the film

My film will feature my friend Carolyn playing the piano which she dedicates her dance to with inserts of her dancing the ballet showing powerful and true emotions. The piano music will be a representation of her feelings about ballet. For example, if the piano music starts off slow her moves will be slow and graceful but as the music gets hard and powerful her moves will get more intense, bigger, and more powerful. I might want to ask her to wear a mask that represents her emotions which would be a happy-looking mask at the beginning of the intro and by the end it'll be a sad mask. First I will record her playing the piano music (not sure if it'll be counted as copyrighted I have to speak to my teacher about it) then it'll be multiple shots of Carolyn playing the piano with inserts of her dancing ballet. 

Goals 

My goal is to show the viewers how love is such a powerful force and/ or feeling that could overcome a person and possibly kill them. I want to show the public how much hard work dancers and athletes put into their work for multiple hours to the point where their mental health is not healthy and could affect them by getting body dysmorphia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Nine of Portfolio Project

 Heres my CCR!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CF94WmAzzOqewowYctoaX7N0MuDDIJAe/view?usp=sharing